I decided to treat myself a few months back with a new lens. I hate the canon 18-55mm kit lens that came with my 350D. (6 years ago!!) and I love my canon 50-200mm lens. but I hate having to change lenses. Every time I change a lens I have to do it super fast for fear of dust! DUST!!
I couldn’t justify the Canon equivalent so I went for the Sigma, now take note, I bought the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC and not the Sigma AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Optical Stabilizer Lens one.
- OS (optical stabalisation as opposed to canons Image stabalisation) is not all that its cracked up to be. (I’m justifying here!! and If I need a zoom I’ll use my actual zoom lens!)
- Price £181.40 vs £294.00! If I wanted to spend £300 on a lens I’d get a 50mm 1.4!
- The red stripe. Yes, if you’ll note from yesterdays post I’m slowly faking a 5dmk ii!
Other things you should know about this lens.
- The build quality is amazing. It feels sturdy, if a little on the heavy side.
- Comes with a lens hood. Makes me feel more like a professional *nuffsaid* (although it will mess with my flash if I use it. )
- The photo quality is good, MUCH better than my 18-55mm but not so good as my canon 50-250mm
- for £181 I got a lens that does it all and I know that if Greg uses my camera when I’m not in I wont have a heart attack if he changes the lens.