I just read this post, How to: Guerrilla Band Photography on Miguel Santana’s blog and although I most likely wont be running around taking photos of bands (its too cold!) I did think, hmm maybe its time I started learning about my pet hate, flash!
I hate how flash makes every image look so dull and lifeless but I’m determined to learn all about it!
I’ve been doing some research and I hope you’ll find some of these videos/links interesting.
- Again, this post, How to: Guerrilla Band Photography is a good place to start, for ideas and some good links
- The internet photography world seem to recommend Strobist, its wonderful they say, you can learn everything there, you might be able to but how the hell do you navigate it!! I mean who sets up another site to create an index of articles on the other!! That being said – I only found one article on there (because I can’t even work out how the index works!) and that included this video.
- Some other great videos are by Steele training.
So now my shopping list is the following!
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash Unit
- Remote trigger of some description! I’ll stick to a cable for now though, its cheaper!
- A light stand
- Umbrella Bracket with Hot Shoe Adapter
- An umbrella!