On Monday we went over to Calais for the day.
Things we learnt.
- You can’t find a croissant in Calais. (unless you get there early which we didn’t *cough*not my fault for once*cough*)
- Take the car
- Theres nothing to do/see in Calais (Now we know for sure we’re not missing out on anything)
- It is possible to find a non english speaking cafe in calais
- The ferry does a good full english but doesn’t sell a single fucking croissant!!!
- Parking at Dover is expensive.
- There is very little vegetarian food available in cafes so we went for a Thai in Sandwich.
Things I already knew.
- Dover is a dive, get out of there as soon as you have seen the castle, the cliffs and done the light house tour.
- Calais is a dive, get out of there as soon as you have seen the town hall.
Still there are a few pretty places in Calais.