WOW I can’t wait to make these!
Lemon Bars Deluxe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Extra softened butter for greasing pan
- 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely-grated lemon zest (from two large lemons)
- 2/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Extra powdered (confectioner’s) sugar to decorate finished bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Lightly butter a 13- x 9-inch baking dish and line with parchment paper or wax paper allowing edges to come over the sides.
Pulse flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in food processor. Add butter and blend, 8 to 10 seconds, and then pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle mixture into prepared baking pan and press firmly into an even layer with slightly raised sides to hold in the filling.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes and then bake until golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes; remove from oven, place on a wire cooling rack, and let cool slightly. After crust is finished baking, reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
While crust is baking, make the Lemon Filling: In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and flour; stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, and salt to blend well. Pour mixture onto the pan on top of the warm crust.
NOTE: You may set prepared Lemon Filling aside until crust is finished baking. When ready to pour on warm crust, re-blend Lemon Filling mixture and pour into the warm crust.